"I find practicing in the area of elder law and working closely with families truly rewarding. It is an area of the law that is relatable and has or will affect all of us at some point during our lives."
Helen concentrates her practice in elder law, with a focus on long term care planning, guardianships, probate and trust administrations, and estate planning. She represents clients in routine guardianship and probate matters, as well as more complex Medicaid and special needs planning cases. She enjoys working with clients and their families to develop and implement plans to achieve their goals. She guides her clients in every step of the plan.
In her free time, Helen enjoys cooking and arts and crafts projects.
Helen has been licensed to practice law since 2004 and joined the firm in June 2012. Helen is currently President of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Illinois Chapter.
- Juris Doctor from DePaul University
- Bachelor of Arts, with honors, in Public Policy from DePaul University
• National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National and Illinois Chapter. President for Illinois Chapter
• Illinois State Bar Association
- “Medicaid Issues”, Special Needs Trusts 2016, 2013 & 2008 Editions, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- "Illinois Medical Assistance for Long-Term Care: Nursing Homes, Supportive Living Facilities, and Community Care Program Services,” Advising Elderly Clients and Their Families – 2015 Update, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- “The Guardian’s Duty to Investigate and Pursue Eligibility for Government Benefits and Certain Trusts Available That Satisfy That Duty,” Guardianships for Disabled Adults, Advance Directives and Mental Health Law 2011 Edition & 2014 Supplement, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- “Advising Elderly Clients,” Estate Planning for Illinois Attorneys: The Basics and Beyond 2008 Edition, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education