"I find practicing in the area of elder law and working closely with families truly rewarding. It is an area of the law that is relatable and has or will affect all of us at some point during our lives."
Helen has been licensed to practice law since 2004 and has been working in the field of elder law the entire time. She joined the firm in 2012. Helen concentrates her practice in elder law, with a focus on long term care planning, guardianships, probate and trust administrations, and estate planning. She represents clients in routine guardianship and probate matters, as well as more complex Medicaid and special needs planning cases. Helen has coauthored several chapters in IICLE publications, chapters in Illinois Jurisprudence (Lexis-Nexis) covering Medicaid planning and basic estate planning, and is a frequently requested presenter for attorney, consumer, and healthcare professionals groups.
Helen was the 2017 President of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Illinois Chapter. In April 2018, she was selected as the Outstanding Member of the Year.
In her free time, Helen enjoys cooking and arts and crafts projects.
- Juris Doctor from DePaul University
- Bachelor of Arts, with honors, in Public Policy from DePaul University
- Chicago Bar Association, Elder Law Committee, Probate Committee
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National and Illinois Chapter. 2017 President for Illinois Chapter
- Illinois State Bar Association
- “Medicaid Issues”, Special Needs Trusts 2016, 2013 & 2008 Editions, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- "Illinois Medical Assistance for Long-Term Care: Nursing Homes, Supportive Living Facilities, and Community Care Program Services,” Advising Elderly Clients and Their Families – 2015 Update, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- “The Guardian’s Duty to Investigate and Pursue Eligibility for Government Benefits and Certain Trusts Available That Satisfy That Duty,” Guardianships for Disabled Adults, Advance Directives and Mental Health Law 2011 Edition & 2014 Supplement, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- “Advising Elderly Clients,” Estate Planning for Illinois Attorneys: The Basics and Beyond 2008 Edition, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education