It’s time again for New Year’s resolutions. According to Forbes, there are 12 resolutions we should all make – and “plan your estate” is number two:
1. Set goals;
2. Plan your estate;
3. Check your credit;
4. See where your money is going;
5. See where you can cut back;
6. Make sure you have the right amount of insurance;
7. Build an emergency fund;
8. See if you can refinance your debt;
9. Pay down bad debt;
10. Get on track for retirement;
11. Consider saving for education;
12. Make sure your investment portfolio is properly diversified.
As to plan your estate, the author recognizes that we never know when we might need estate planning documents, and that these are “notoriously easy to procrastinate so it’s good to get them out of the way.”
The full article, 12 Financial Resolutions for 2012, is available online at Forbes.
One of the areas that the law firm of Dutton & Casey concentrates in is estate planning. Please click here for information on how we can assist, or someone who you care about.